The HERDSA Fellowship Scheme offers you with an opportunity to be part of a vibrant community of practitioners and researchers interested in improving teaching and learning in tertiary education.
Aims of the Fellowship Scheme
The Fellowship Scheme seeks to improve the quality of educational practice through critical reflection, recognize and reward good educational practice, and offers an avenue for peer collaboration among the community of Fellows.
Who is the scheme for?
The Fellowship Scheme is for academics or leaders who have made a significant personal commitment to the improvement of teaching and learning in a tertiary education context. Fellows may come from a range of positions including: discipline-focused academic, educational developer, student support, or leadership roles.
Becoming a HERDSA fellow involves the preparation of a Portfolio under the guidance of a mentor. The Portfolio is assessed by two Fellows from a Panel of Assessors: successful completion leads to the award of the Fellowship.
The Fellowship Scheme provides opportunities for:
- Personal and professional development
- Connections: collegiality and collaboration
- Recognition of achievements for career advancement.
- Step 1: Join HERDSA via the website (if you are not already a member).
- Step 2: Register your interest in the Fellowship Scheme online by completing the HERDSA Associate Fellow Application Form.
- Step 3 Pay the $110 registration fee.
- Step 4: Develop your Portfolio: Applicants are encouraged to work with a mentor (HERDSA can help with finding one) over an 18 month period to address the criteria and demonstrate your commitment to excellence in teaching and learning.
- Step 5. Submit your Portfolio online at http://www.herdsa.org.au/herdsa-fellow-portfolio.
- Step 6. Pay the $250 assessment fee. Your Portfolio is then assessed by two Fellows from the Panel of Assessors.
- Step 7. After successful completion of your Portfolio, the HERDSA Executive awards the Fellowship, which is formally conferred at the annual conference.
Fellowship development opportunities
HERDSA Fellows become part of a vibrant network of scholars who are able to engage in professional development and serve HERDSA and the broader tertiary education community. Fellows can also participate in training to act as mentors and assessors within the fellowship scheme. There are no formal re-registration requirements.
If you want to improve the quality of your education practice within the tertiary education sector and thereby improve the quality of student learning and academic development outcomes; and if you have want to have your education practice recognised, then this is the Scheme for you!
For further information, contact the HERDSA Office on +61 (2) 9771 3911 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org.